mhuffman
23.01.2008, 04:06

BrickBuildr

Pardon my German, I used Google to translate my English into German.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ich begann mit Spielen rund um phpFlickr, denke, es wäre einfach zu bauen, "quick & dirty" ein Web-Site finden Sie Bilder aus anderen LEGO AFOLs. Ich glaube, ein Problem mit der Flickr ist, wenn Sie die Suche nach Bildern tagged with "LEGO" erhalten Sie eine Menge AFOLs' Bilder und alles andere - Bilder aus dem LEGO Extremisten, die Mutter Bilder von etwas, was sie dachte, war niedlich , Dass ihre Kinder aus LEGO gebaut, sondern etwas, das nur eine Mutter lieben könnte.

Also warf ich zusammen:

http://www.brickbuildr.com/

Es ist eine umfassende Liste von LEGO Flickr-Gruppen, und mehr als hundert Flickr-Nutzer aus der Community AFOL. It's very basic, nothing fancy. Und sie wird sich entwickeln, wenn ich etwas mehr freie Zeit zu spielen.

In der Zwischenzeit, ich bin offen für Anregungen. Lassen Sie mich wissen, was Sie darüber denken. Wenn es etwas, das verbessert werden kann, lassen Sie es mich wissen. Sie wissen von anderen Flickr LEGO Gruppen hinzugefügt werden sollte, lassen Sie es mich wissen. Wenn Sie möchten, dass Ihre Flickr photostream werden auf der Web-Site, senden Sie mir eine E-Mail. Wenn Sie haben gute Ideen, wie man dieses Projekt zu verbessern & make Flickr mehr AFOL-freundliche, lass es mich wissen.

Dieses Projekt ist kein Ersatz BrickShelf. Dies ist noch nicht zu einem anderen Bild-Hosting-Site, aber eine AFOL-freundliche Ansicht von Flickr.

-- Mike.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started playing around with phpFlickr, thinking that it would be easy to build a quick & dirty web-site to find LEGO pictures from other AFOLs. I think one of the problem with Flickr is if you go searching for pictures tagged with ‘LEGO’ you get a lot of AFOLs’ photos and everything else -- pictures from the LEGO extremist, to the mom posting pictures of something she thought was cute that her kids built from LEGO, but of something that only a mother could love.

So I threw together this:

http://www.brickbuildr.com/

It’s a comprehensive list of LEGO Flickr groups, and over a hundred Flickr users from the AFOL community. It’s very basic, nothing fancy. And it will evolve when I get some more free time to play with it.

In the mean time, I’m open to suggestions. Let me know what you think about it. If there’s something that can be improved, let me know. You know of other Flickr LEGO groups that should be added, let me know. If you want your Flickr photostream to be up on the web-site, send me an email. If you’ve got good ideas on how to improve this project & make Flickr more AFOL-friendly, let me know.

This project is NOT a BrickShelf replacement. This is not to be yet another image hosting site, but a more AFOL-friendly view of Flickr.

--Mike.

Navigation
23.01.2008, 09:32

Re: BrickBuildr

Hi Michael,

I already visited it back in August when it started; now, visiting the site again, IMO it turned out to be a serious enrichment to the AFOL community.

Has to be added to link bars on LUGNET and 1000steine home pages...

Thanks for sharing,
Rene

catt
23.01.2008, 10:40

Hello!

Thank so much for putting this together! After discovering some great LEGO models by AFOLs on Flickr I, too, was frustrated that it was such a bother to find more "good stuff".

This page will definitely be added to my favorites and visited frequently!

Thanks again!

-catt

mhuffman
23.01.2008, 15:43

» Hi Michael,
»
» I already visited it back in August when it started; now, visiting the
» site again, IMO it turned out to be a serious enrichment to the AFOL
» community.
»
» Has to be added to link bars on LUGNET and 1000steine home pages...
»
» Thanks for sharing,
» Rene

Thank you. Since Joe Meno posted photos of Frechen 2008, I wondered if there were other German LEGO fans on Flickr and wondered if they knew about sharing their photos with other LEGO fans on BrickBuildr.

--Mike.

mhuffman
23.01.2008, 16:02

» » Hi Michael,
» »
» » I already visited it back in August when it started; now, visiting the
» » site again, IMO it turned out to be a serious enrichment to the AFOL
» » community.
» »
» » Has to be added to link bars on LUGNET and 1000steine home pages...
» »
» » Thanks for sharing,
» » Rene
»
» Thank you. Since Joe Meno posted photos of Frechen 2008, I wondered if
» there were other German LEGO fans on Flickr and wondered if they knew
» about sharing their photos with other LEGO fans on BrickBuildr.

By the way, my next big project is to integrate BrickBuildr with Google's Picasa... Flickr's API (interface) is very simple to use/understand; when I looked at Google's documentation it wasn't so simple.

There's also a Data Portability project forming as we speak -- the idea is, you authenticate using OpenID, then share your data between the web-sites you use. As a LEGO community, we might be able to take advantage of this technology (after it has matured a little) to help battle the fragmentation that is going on; where LEGO fans will be able to see other AFOL's photos, no matter where they are hosted (on Flickr, Picasa, PhotoBucket, BrickShelf, MOCPhotos, Gallery2, etc.). This was also in the back of my head when I started BrickBuildr.

--Mike.

Gesamter Thread: