Felsir
28.08.2001, 18:31

Work-in-Progress: Bahnhof

Hallo,

(attempt to write German follows
Ich arbeite (baue?) auf einem neuen Bahnhof, sehe Bilder... Die Bahnsteig(?) ist nicht fertig weil ich auf einige Teile warte, aber das Hauptgebäude is fertig. Ich füge Details und Inneren hinzu. Vorschläge sind willkommen!

Ben, I followed your idea to make the towers half timbered. The 'restaurant' is still in grey bricks (I tried the full half timbered approach and it was a little bit too much black'n'white) and unfortunately I don't have old 60ies style windows as you suggested. So I had to improvise and this is it... I'm very happy the way it came out (with the added sunscreen etc.) as usual, LMKWYT!

-Frank
[center]

[link]http://www.brickshelf.com//gallery/felsir/traindesigns/thumb/station2_wip_01.jpg_thumb.jpg

[/link]

[link]http://www.brickshelf.com//gallery/felsir/traindesigns/thumb/station2_wip_05.jpg_thumb.jpg

[/link]

[link]http://www.brickshelf.com//gallery/felsir/traindesigns/thumb/station2_wip_03.jpg_thumb.jpg

[/link]

[/center]

more pictures here in the Brickshelf gallery

Edit

Heiner
28.08.2001, 21:22

Storage locker (ohne Text)

Re: [B]Very nice. Very Dutch. Very British?[/link] von herrminator am 28. August 2001 20:10:58:

herrminator
28.08.2001, 22:32

Thanks a lot, ich müsste wohl aml wieder Vokabeln pauken... (ohne Text)

Re: [B]Storage locker (ohne Text)[/link] von Heiner am 28. August 2001 21:22:31:

Felsir
28.08.2001, 23:46

Re: Very nice. Very Dutch. Very British?

Re: [B]Very nice. Very Dutch. Very British?[/link] von herrminator am 28. August 2001 20:10:58:

very nice building with good proportion. I like it for being so broad that even a long train could stop there.

The station is wide enough for three and a half 7740 style coaches. I plan to build the platform a little longer to fit 4 coaches and the locomotive.

The awning in green/orange/white is very nice. But I dislike the modern door. In my opinion you should either take an old-fashioned door like on the left of the building or use modern windows for the annex. I think this would be more authentic.

Hmm, I'll think about that. I'll try a few door styles :-)

For the interior I would suggest a detail I used in my last MOC (even if it's a Space Station and even if it's not finished now): These parts, with cover possibly six or nine of them, used in SNOT, are very good... ehm... damned, what's the meaning of "Schliessfach" in English? I mean these boxes where you put in a coin and leave your luggage.

Thanks for the idea! I'll definitely going to try that!

BTW. The design is a mixture of train stations I found in various model train catalogs
-Frank

Felsir
29.08.2001, 08:15

Re: Very nice. Very Dutch. Very British?

very nice building with good proportion. I like it for being so broad that even a long train could stop there.

The station is wide enough for three and a half 7740 style coaches. I plan to build the platform a little longer to fit 4 coaches and the locomotive.

The awning in green/orange/white is very nice. But I dislike the modern door. In my opinion you should either take an old-fashioned door like on the left of the building or use modern windows for the annex. I think this would be more authentic.

Hmm, I'll think about that. I'll try a few door styles :-)

For the interior I would suggest a detail I used in my last MOC (even if it's a Space Station and even if it's not finished now): These parts, with cover possibly six or nine of them, used in SNOT, are very good... ehm... damned, what's the meaning of "Schliessfach" in English? I mean these boxes where you put in a coin and leave your luggage.

Thanks for the idea! I'll definitely going to try that!

BTW. The design is a mixture of train stations I found in various model train catalogs
-Frank

Gesamter Thread: