Felsir
05.02.2001, 22:03

My LEGO display in the library [eng]

Hi,

Sorry it's in English, it was such a long story that it would take me the whole evening to translate to German... and even then it would probably curl you toes because of the spelling mistakes Anyway here goes...

I finished the LEGO display at the local library! I filled two cabinets located in the center of the reading area. I uploaded the pictures at Brickshelf here.

One cabinet was mainly filled with train MOCs (this one). The top shelf holds the 725 locomotive, the 7740 (yeah!) and 6564. The other shelves hold MOCs. The bottom shelf has a small diorama inspired by Ben's blue crane (I build it yesterday when I found out that the cabinets had 5 shelves instead of 4!) A close up picture of the crane can be found here. Oh and thanks Micha for mailing me the wire! I also put a flyer on the desks promoting the FGLTC website :-) (okay and some others too...)

The other cabinet holds some generic sets from my collection. The Sail'n'Fly Marina on the bottom shelf was a big hit with the small kids because there is so much to see.

There were many more ideas and lots of people got me inspired but unfortunately I was limited by time, cabinet space and bricks...

greetings,
Frank

My LEGO homepage

Edit

Felsir
05.02.2001, 22:52

Re: Very nice!!

Als Antwort auf: [B]Very nice!![/link] von HoMa am 05. Februar 2001 22:33:20:

>I really like your displays at the libary!

> A good chance to show people and kids how great LEGO is and was in the past. And nevertheless your stuff is stored dust-free ))
>How long will you be able to show them? And after that, you'll get the to displays for your home???

It will remain displayed until the 5th of March. After that the MOCs end up at my home. I'm really concidering buying cabinets like those -they look nice and while I have no space for a train layout they don't take up much space. Oh and the dust-free factor is also a big plus! :-)
Made me wonder: where do most people store their creations?

>A shame you had so littele time to set up some more details you asked for a week ago... But next time!

I had a nice lineup of telegraph poles ready but the cabinet only had space for three :-( I had a small road crew hooking up new cables for the poles, oh well maybe next time (hmm, maybe in Muelheim?)

-Frank

Gesamter Thread: