HoMa
15.02.2006, 22:00

Feedback zu S@H Ideen gewünscht (aus dem LEGO Ambassador Kreis)

Hallo zusammen,

Steve (der Nachfolger von Jake) hat den LA (LEGO Ambassadors) eine kleine Aufgabe mitgegeben. Es geht um Euer Feedback zu ein paar Ideen für S@H Exclusive Produkte.

Was S@H wissen will, ist was wir als LEGO Fan Community von den Ideen und Konzepten halten. Diese Konzepte wurden z. T. aufgrund von Feedback aus dem LA Kreis entwickelt. Folgende Fragen gilt es von Euch zu beantworten:

- Gefallen Dir diese Ideen?
- Was gefällt Dir an diesen Ideen?
- Was gefällt Dir an diesen Ideen nicht?
- Was sollte S@H weiter verfolgen, was eher nicht?
- Gibt etwas konkretes, was Ihr gerne innerhalb der unten genannten Kategorien sehen würdet? (z.B. Achterbahn im Bereich Freizeitpark)

Hier eine Übersicht über verschiedene Kategorien. Star Wars bleibt an dieser Stelle außen vor, hier haben die Lizengeber wohl das sagen.

+++Town/Stadt+++

- Alltägliche Gebäude im Minifig-Maßstab, z.B. Bahnhof, Büros, Geschäfte .. passend zu einer Eisenbahnanlage

-Brücken

+++World Buildings/Gebäude dieser Welt+++

-Taj Mahal

-Sydney opera house/Opernhaus in Sydney

-Empire state building

+++Vehicles/Fahrzeuge+++

-Muscle cars, hot rods

-Ferrari e.g F40, F50, specific historical race represented (historische Rennwagen)

-Classic cars

+++Aircraft/Flugzeuge+++

-Civil transport planes/zivile Flugzeuge

-Classic planes from the early days of aviation/historische Flugzeuge aus den Anfängen der Luftfahrt

+++Other Structures/Sonstiges+++

-Oil rig with functions/Ölbohrinsel mit Funktionen (Ideal bei den momentanen Benzinpreisen - förder Dein Öls selber )

-Amusement park with functioning mechanical rides/Freizeitpark mit funktionsfähigen Fahrgeschäften

Hier noch ein rechtlicher Hinweis:

Here's the legal language that I'm going to have to ask you to include with this when you put the request out to your communities.

Please be aware that your answers, feedback, ideas, concepts, know-how or
suggestions submitted in any communication which you send to the LEGO Group as
part of your this survey (?Your Material?) becomes public knowledge and,
therefore, the LEGO Group reserves the right to use Your Material, for any
purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing,
marketing and selling products using Your Material.

Ich bin kein Anwalt, aber ich würde das so verstehen, dass niemand Rechte an seinen Ideen hat, falls diese irgendwann mal von LEGO umgesetzt werden sollten. Also eine Klage auf Gewinnbeteiligung hätte wohl von Vornherein keine Chance.

Eure Meinungen bitte als Antwort auf dieses Posting, gerne auch auf Englisch, da ich kaum Zeit habe alles zu übersetzen und zurück in die E-Mailliste der LAs zu schreiben.

Danke für Eure Unterstützung!

1000grüße
HoMa

Hier noch mal das Original auf englisch:

What they would like to know now is what you guys and the community at large think of these concepts that they've developed further based on the feedback they've recieved. Do you like these concepts? What do you like about them? What do you not like about them? What should we pursue and what should we throw out? Is there anything specific that you'd like to see within the undefined categories (amusement park rides=roller coaster)?

Town

-Everyday buildings on mini fig scale, e.g railway stations, businesses to fit train displays

-Bridges

World Buildings

-Taj Mahal

-Sydney opera house

-Empire state building

Vehicles

-Muscle cars, hot rods

-Ferrari e.g F40, F50, specific historical race represented

-Classic cars

Aircraft

-Civil transport planes

-Classic planes from the early days of aviation

Other Structures

-Oil rig with functions

-Amusement park with functioning mechanical rides

Here's the legal language that I'm going to have to ask you to include with this when you put the request out to your communities.

Please be aware that your answers, feedback, ideas, concepts, know-how or
suggestions submitted in any communication which you send to the LEGO Group as
part of your this survey (?Your Material?) becomes public knowledge and,
therefore, the LEGO Group reserves the right to use Your Material, for any
purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing,
marketing and selling products using Your Material.

33 vorhergehende Beiträge sind ausgeblendet

Alle anzeigen Immer alle anzeigen Beitragsbaum

chris
17.02.2006, 08:09

Re: Feedback auf Englisch - Minifigs

Re: [B]Feedback zu S@H Ideen gewünscht (aus dem LEGO Ambassador Kreis)[/link] von HoMa am 15. Februar 2006 22:00:42:

Hallo,

I want normal Minifigs with normal street clothes.

Heiner
17.02.2006, 13:14

Re: Feedback zu S@H Ideen

Re: [B]Feedback zu S@H Ideen gewünscht (aus dem LEGO Ambassador Kreis)[/link] von HoMa am 15. Februar 2006 22:00:42:

>Hallo Ambassadohr,
And here are the results from the Böhrgisch votes:
>What they would like to know now is what you guys and the community at large think of these concepts that they've developed further based on the feedback they've recieved. Do you like these concepts? What do you like about them? What do you not like about them? What should we pursue and what should we throw out? Is there anything specific that you'd like to see within the undefined categories (amusement park rides=roller coaster)?
>Town
>-Everyday buildings on mini fig scale, e.g railway stations, businesses to fit train displays
>-Bridges

Town is beside trains my second most favourite. I like buildings with a high variety in colours, bricks and accessories. However, what I don't like are buildings made purely of bricks like the 1x2x5 ones etc., since those bricks do not allow creativity nor details. Also the bulding stability decreases with such bricks. (such as 7892!!!)

>World Buildings
>-Taj Mahal
>-Sydney opera house
>-Empire state building

Those buildings are a challenge. They are not an everyday box I would buy just for filling the weekend. I would prefer also smaller famous buldings, like the Zurich clock tower.

>Vehicles
>-Muscle cars, hot rods
>-Ferrari e.g F40, F50, specific historical race represented
>-Classic cars

nothing for me, I prefer trains

>Aircraft
>-Civil transport planes
>-Classic planes from the early days of aviation

no idea, as above

>Other Structures
>-Oil rig with functions
>-Amusement park with functioning mechanical rides

Yes, like Town above.

What I am missing are those small boxes that were sold until the late 90s with small town/village objects like a small post office, postman on a bicycle, ice stand (or hot dog), garden house, telephone box...... I still remember the famous McDonalds box that was only available at S@H in the US. (3438, y1999)

>Here's the legal language that I'm going to have to ask you to include with this when you put the request out to your communities.
>Please be aware that your answers, feedback, ideas, concepts, know-how or
>suggestions submitted in any communication which you send to the LEGO Group as
>part of your this survey (?Your Material?) becomes public knowledge and,
>therefore, the LEGO Group reserves the right to use Your Material, for any
>purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing,
>marketing and selling products using Your Material.

Michael B.
17.02.2006, 15:13

Diesen Punkten kann ich voll und ganz zustimmen !

Re: [B]Re: Feedback zu S@H Ideen[/link] von Heiner am 17. Februar 2006 13:14:31:

>>Hallo Ambassadohr,
>And here are the results from the Böhrgisch votes:
>>What they would like to know now is what you guys and the community at large think of these concepts that they've developed further based on the feedback they've recieved. Do you like these concepts? What do you like about them? What do you not like about them? What should we pursue and what should we throw out? Is there anything specific that you'd like to see within the undefined categories (amusement park rides=roller coaster)?
>>Town
>>-Everyday buildings on mini fig scale, e.g railway stations, businesses to fit train displays
>>-Bridges
>Town is beside trains my second most favourite. I like buildings with a high variety in colours, bricks and accessories. However, what I don't like are buildings made purely of bricks like the 1x2x5 ones etc., since those bricks do not allow creativity nor details. Also the bulding stability decreases with such bricks. (such as 7892!!!)
>
>>World Buildings
>>-Taj Mahal
>>-Sydney opera house
>>-Empire state building
>Those buildings are a challenge. They are not an everyday box I would buy just for filling the weekend. I would prefer also smaller famous buldings, like the Zurich clock tower.
>>Vehicles
>>-Muscle cars, hot rods
>>-Ferrari e.g F40, F50, specific historical race represented
>>-Classic cars
>nothing for me, I prefer trains
>>Aircraft
>>-Civil transport planes
>>-Classic planes from the early days of aviation
>no idea, as above
>>Other Structures
>>-Oil rig with functions
>>-Amusement park with functioning mechanical rides
>Yes, like Town above.
>What I am missing are those small boxes that were sold until the late 90s with small town/village objects like a small post office, postman on a bicycle, ice stand (or hot dog), garden house, telephone box...... I still remember the famous McDonalds box that was only available at S@H in the US. (3438, y1999)
>

Yes, those were really nice Sets !

>>Here's the legal language that I'm going to have to ask you to include with this when you put the request out to your communities.
>>Please be aware that your answers, feedback, ideas, concepts, know-how or
>>suggestions submitted in any communication which you send to the LEGO Group as
>>part of your this survey (?Your Material?) becomes public knowledge and,
>>therefore, the LEGO Group reserves the right to use Your Material, for any
>>purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing,
>>marketing and selling products using Your Material.

Micha
17.02.2006, 15:55

Re: Feedback zu S@H Ideen gewünscht (aus dem LEGO Ambassador Kreis)

>
>+++Town/Stadt+++
>- Alltägliche Gebäude im Minifig-Maßstab, z.B. Bahnhof, Büros, Geschäfte .. passend zu einer Eisenbahnanlage

Always welcome! But they should be nicely designed and not so senseless / simple as 7892

>-Brücken

No. That's too special and has a low playability!

>+++World Buildings/Gebäude dieser Welt+++
>-Taj Mahal
>-Sydney opera house/Opernhaus in Sydney
>-Empire state building

Not my cup of tea...

>+++Vehicles/Fahrzeuge+++
>-Muscle cars, hot rods
>-Ferrari e.g F40, F50, specific historical race represented (historische Rennwagen)
>-Classic cars

Nice Idea in general, but I would only be interested in those Models if they are "technified", i.e. with working suspension, motor, doors to open,...

>+++Aircraft/Flugzeuge+++
>-Civil transport planes

If it's just a Model: No
If it's technified: Yes

>+++Other Structures/Sonstiges+++
>-Oil rig with functions/Ölbohrinsel mit Funktionen (Ideal bei den momentanen Benzinpreisen - förder Dein Öls selber )

No...

>-Amusement park with functioning mechanical rides/Freizeitpark mit funktionsfähigen Fahrgeschäften

That sounds nice!!!

I would like "real looking" but "technified" (i.e. with lots of functions) models. This can be like 8653, but a mixture of "Model Team" and "Technic" (as with 8285) would be perfect.

I would also like more different sensors for Mindstorms.

Kind regards,
Micha

Darth-Vader89
17.02.2006, 16:52

>+++Town/Stadt+++
>- Alltägliche Gebäude im Minifig-Maßstab, z.B. Bahnhof, Büros, Geschäfte .. passend zu einer Eisenbahnanlage/// Generell sehr gute idee dann aber bitte auch zu erschwinglichen preisen und mit n paar zivilen minifigs da gibts nämlich wirklich zu wenige
>-Brücken/// kommt drauf ann was für brücken eisenbahn gibt es ab mitte des jahres ja schon eine was ich auch gut so finde
>
>+++World Buildings/Gebäude dieser Welt+++
>-Taj Mahal
>-Sydney opera house/Opernhaus in Sydney
>-Empire state building /// auch keine schlechte idee aber doch bitte dann in minifig format
>
>+++Vehicles/Fahrzeuge+++
>-Muscle cars, hot rods
>-Ferrari e.g F40, F50, specific historical race represented (historische Rennwagen)
>-Classic cars/// die idee is net aber ihr könntet ja auch mal einfach amerikanische fahrzeuge der neuzeit rausbringen ( n Lamborghini Diablo GT in minifig format wäre ma ne nette idee)
>
>+++Aircraft/Flugzeuge+++
>-Civil transport planes/zivile Flugzeuge
>-Classic planes from the early days of aviation/historische Flugzeuge aus den Anfängen der Luftfahrt/// vll ne A380?
>
>+++Other Structures/Sonstiges+++
>-Oil rig with functions/Ölbohrinsel mit Funktionen (Ideal bei den momentanen Benzinpreisen - förder Dein Öls selber )
>-Amusement park with functioning mechanical rides/Freizeitpark mit funktionsfähigen Fahrgeschäften/// lustige idee aber bitte in Basic Steinen und zu normalen preisen

herrminator
17.02.2006, 22:25

Re: Feedback.

+++Town+++
YES. I've been missing town buildings for years (or decades?). We need more supermarkets, internet cafes, restaurants, schools, museums, junkyards, gas stations, simple houses with garage and pool.

Bridges
Why not, in coherence to the "World Buildings" - Golden Gate, Brooklyn Bridge, Tower Bridge etc.

+++World Buildings+++
-Taj Mahal

Mmmh. Nice Building, but what about politically correctness? One of the easiest things to build is the Kaaba in Mekka, but think about destroying the Kaaba to build a Blacktron Cruiser in mind of Lego as a "new toy every day"...

Sydney opera house
Nice idea, with the roundings this would be an ambitious model.

Empire State Building
I like the building, but it would be boring to build. Would buy it eventually for getting bricks. Generally I'd prefer architectural more ambitious buildings like the Chrysler Building, the Guggenheim Museum or historic buildings like Abu Simbel or Versailles.

+++Vehicles+++
-Muscle cars, hot rods

YES. Give me a 1969 Dodge Challenger and I'll buy it even if it's built completely in new-gray.

Ferrari e.g F40, F50, specific historical race represented
YES. Give me a 250 GT SWB and I'll buy it even if it's built completely in new-gray. (Or Laudas 312 T as a follower of the 392 and 2556, for example)

Classic cars
YES. The Renault and Rolls-Royce from the 70's need a follower. A new Model Team range with cars like Ford T, Volkswagen Beetle, Bugatti T35, Bentley Blower (dark green / british racing green as a nice new colour!) would be nice.
What about movie cars? 1974 Dodge Monaco "Chicago Police", DeLorean, James Bond-Cars?

+++Aircraft+++
Civil transport planes

Why not? A Boeing Stratocruiser for example.

Classic planes from the early days of aviation
Not very important in my opinion. They're interesting but mostly fragile.

+++Other Structures+++
Oil rig with functions

YES. Even without functions, in Minifig scale, just as a follower of 373.

Amusement park with functioning mechanical rides
Nice idea, even without functions but in Minifig scale.

What about themes like mining, gold rush, ships? A range with buildings from Las Vegas with Light&Sound? A series with the "homes of mankind" with red wooden houses from Sweden, pile dwellings, Japanese teahouses? Just give me something from earth, no Bionicles or stupid action sceneries for re-playing stupid action scenes from the afternoon TV shows...

Gruß,
Fred / herrminator

CarWag
18.02.2006, 13:58

Mein Feedback

Hallo.

Meine Antworten:

>What they would like to know now is what you guys and the community at large think of these concepts that they've developed further based on the feedback they've recieved. Do you like these concepts? What do you like about them? What do you not like about them? What should we pursue and what should we throw out? Is there anything specific that you'd like to see within the undefined categories (amusement park rides=roller coaster)?

>Town
>-Everyday buildings on mini fig scale, e.g railway stations, businesses to fit train displays
>-Bridges

That's what I mainly think of when I hear the name "Lego". But one aspect should be regarded: The buildings should'n be too "thin". Of course, they are opened at the back to allow children to play and see the interior. But it shouldn't become a "2D-building".

>World Buildings
>-Taj Mahal
>-Sydney opera house
>-Empire state building

Big and detailed, so I would definitely buy those sets. But please very various buildings, not just some big American skyscrapers. Suggestions: Brandenburg Gate, Moscow Kremlin (price doesn't matter, just build it and use standard bricks), the Sphinx (what a great model would that be!), the Pisa tower, Golden Gate Bridge, Big Ben and of course Taj Mahal and Sydney opera as already mentioned.

>Vehicles
>-Muscle cars, hot rods
>-Ferrari e.g F40, F50, specific historical race represented
>-Classic cars

I'd surely buy classic cars if they are in the style of the former "Model Team" –Sets. The actual Designer-Set cars aren't detailed enough for me (as AFOL). And please don't just release a new Ferrari every year. Lamborghini, Aston Martin …
But muscle cars and hot rods, I'm not interested in those models.

>Aircraft
>-Civil transport planes

A constellation, wow. But I remember the Sopwith Camel and the Red Baron. The same set, just different colors and some little changes. There must be more variety.

>Other Structures
>-Oil rig with functions
>-Amusement park with functioning mechanical rides

Well, not for me, but this are still one of those things I think of when I hear the name "lego" (as already mentioned above): a large minifig-world, that means a large "city"-theme with trains, houses, gas-stations, shopping-malls, police, harbour, and why not also oil rigs and an amusement park!?

>Here's the legal language that I'm going to have to ask you to include with this when you put the request out to your communities.
>Please be aware that your answers, feedback, ideas, concepts, know-how or
>suggestions submitted in any communication which you send to the LEGO Group as
>part of your this survey (?Your Material?) becomes public knowledge and,
>therefore, the LEGO Group reserves the right to use Your Material, for any
>purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing,
>marketing and selling products using Your Material.

Okay.

Gruß,

Carsten

Seeteddy
19.02.2006, 23:25

Re: Feedback to World Buildings.

Hi Fans,

please let me tell a little bit about 'famous world buildings'.

In fact, that's really a good idea; every young lego-builder has dreamed about such great buildings, to recreate them with Lego.

The most important question at the beginning is: what's the best scale for that? By looking at some well-known buildings you must realize, that minifig-scale is too big, for big buildings! For example: The Empire State Building would rise about 30 feet high in 1/42 scale! And that's not all; it would also be boring to build, after 16 identical floors, another 34 floors of one type and to continue with another 30 identical floors of the next type...

But to return to the good side of this idea: It would be very nice, to get a fine collection of famous landmarks in one similar scale! (not that boring effect, that every building comes along with its own scale and nothing would fit together). So, for large buildings, I'd like to recommend minifig/10 scale; that's about 1/420 scale and will allow to build nearly every famous landmark in a practicable size.
So the size of the building-sets will differ within the size of its original. So there will be also some small kits (as starters).
I think, this will get a very nice collection for all kinds of Lego-Fans; and it should sell very well (I hope so).

With friendly regards
Klaus Staaden (Seeteddy)

treczoks
20.02.2006, 10:33

Some more annotations:

Several people asked for Minifig-scaled versions of the famous buildings like the Sidney Opera House. Lets see: the Sidney Opera House is about 185x120m large, so, at Minifig scale (1:42), a model would be 4.5x3m - I don't think that would be possible as a set, although it would make a HUGE source for bricks

So this rules out Minifig as a scale for most such buildings.

Depending on what Lego plans to do here, there are three viable possibilities:

a) Every building has its own scale, which depends on what the designers think would go best with that model. -> Would lead to a wild mix of sizes, IMHO bad.

b) One scale for all, like 1:420 (1/10 Minifig) - would lead to some large and some small sets, suitable for every purse. -> Historcal buildings tend to be smaller, they would lack the level of detail they would deserve.

c) Two (or maybe three, but I would not do this) fixed scales, like 1:420 for the larger buildings and maybe 1:168 (1/4 Minifig) for the smaller ones (and for ships - I think the Maersk Freighter was 1:168, too). -> Challenges for the builders, some might purchase several of a 1:420 model to re-build it in 1:168, or some sets in 1:168 to make a Minifig-Scaled version.

I would definitely prefer c), and here the notion of bridges (for the model aspect of things, not for "building a bridge for trains" aspect) and interesting nautical models would fit in nicely. Hey, how about a "Queeen Mary II" just entering Sidney harbour, passing under the Harbour Bridge

Ah, yes, and on the point of nautical models: It would be nice to be able to build two versions of the same model from the same set: One that has a complete hull and can be put on a shelf, and one version build up from the waterline, to be incorporated into a diorama.

And, WHATEVER YOU DO! Do not make single-use special parts for those models! Yes, it would be tempting cost-wise to do the Opera house with the kind of plastic you used for the roof of first edition of Hagrids Hut, but then you'd better be prepared for pitchforks and torches in Billund

Yours, Christian

Dominik
21.02.2006, 18:21

hallo

zu stadt:

is eine gute idee neue gebäude wie büros und geschäfte zu machen! wenn sie dann noch im minifig maßstab und in selten farben gibt is es eine super idee!

brücken würde ich keine bauen ! die kann jeder selber bauen!

gebäude dieser welt:

sehr gute idee!

würde ich noch nicht mal im minifgmasstab machen können auch größer sein!

die zwie vörschlage dazu sind super ! habe aber noch mehr vorschläage dazu : weises haus , brandbruger tor , eifelturm , orginal fußballstadion egal welches , eine berührmte kirche , tower bridge ,

hot rods :

auch eine gute idee 1 wenn sie so werden wie der enzo von der größe her super idee 1 kleiner nicht!

würde da eine ferrari reihe machen und eine classic reihe mit alten oldheimern!

flugzeuge:

hattet ihr ja schon einen guten anfasng mit dem roten baron usw , da gibt es bestimmt noch gute ideen dazu

ziviele flugzeuge würde ich die boing 747 , airbus 380 , condord oder wie es geschreiben wird bauen!

was mir auch noch sehr gefallen würde wären einzelpacks von verschieden farben wo man kaufen kann!

gruß dominik

Gesamter Thread: