Vincent Veneman
10.09.2002, 22:01

Lego Trains Scale 1:24

Hello, my name is Vincent Veneman from Westerbork, the Netherlands. I am 18 years old, and familiar with lego building for almost al my life. I used to build trucks in scale 1:15, and went to competitions at Den Bosch a several times. but since a year i started to build lego trains on 60mm track ( scale 1:25 / 2M ), beceause my real love still went to trains, instead of trucks. After a few samples i build my first train, which is still the first. It is a dutch 6400 series diesel locomotive (lup 60cm) with 3 tank cars ( each 40cm ). unfortunately, i still have no pictures of this +/- 180 cm long train. I am now planning to build a 1600 series electric locomotive.
There are a huge number of lego fan-sites over the net, and i searched for many lego train sites, but i never found anything of trains in another ( bigger ) scale.

So I am wondering now or anyone else than me builds lego trains on bigger scales, and not on the 40mm tracks or whatsoever. I would be delighted if i get some response or so.

post scriptum:
nice to surf on this sites!!

Edit

Youngish Bear
11.09.2002, 11:00

Re: Dat vind ik heel goed.

Re: [B]Re: Dat vind ik heel goed.[/link] von greenman am 11. September 2002 03:42:04:

>>What are you doing, what's your job? And where is Westerbork?
>A train builder from Westerbork, posting in a (sorry; THE) German Forum. Quite amazing...because:
>Westerbork is in Drente (north-east), nearby Assen.
>The village is well known from WWII. Sixty years ago it was the 'Sammlerplatz für Jüden und Arbeiter' from Holland, to be transported (by train (!)) to Germany. We all know what happened with these people.
>Züge kommen nicht mehr da. Die Gegend mit mehrere vorherige Sammlergebäude ist ein Gedankmal. Ein Besuch macht noch immer traurig...
>Klaas
Dear Klaas!

Despite our positive reaction on Zbigniew Libera's model of a similar camp, most of us are far too young to remembear anything from that period.
And as good Legolanders, we like to remember the Danish King and his effort in this matter.

Even Norwegians think of ski jumping when they hear the name Grini. (Well, the younger ones of handball.)

And AssenS makes me think of a wonderful sailing tour in our beloved Denmark.

Velkommen til Legoland!

with ice bear greetings
M.a

Freddy Q.
11.09.2002, 15:13

Rolling

Re: [B]Assens[/link] von Rollingbricks am 11. September 2002 14:35:02:

>Hallo Micha,
>in Assens bin ich auch schon auf einigen meiner Ostsee-Segeltrips gewesen. Allerdings ist es das häßlichste Kaff in ganz Süd-Dänemark! Und ich habe bestimmt fast 90% aller Häfen der dänischen Südsee gesehen.
>Somit habe ich nicht ganz so tolle Erinnerungen an Assens. Und träume vom nächsten Segeltrip...
>Dirk

Aha!

Daher also das Rolling...

Home, nupsie Home...to dear old Billund.

Ærøskøbing is schøner, wohl wahr.

Nicht nur wegen der vielen Øs, auch der Stockrosen wegen.

Oh haue ha, wenn hier man mal niks entgleisen wird.

Shcaukelstühlige gr¨
u╔*E

M.a

*das hat ein SZ werden gesollt. Wollte aber nich.

Gesamter Thread: